STESSL PRODUCT WARRANTY
Horizon Aluminium Boats which manufactures Stessl Aluminium Boats accepts liability for boats of our own manufacture (i.e. after 1/02/2016) & is limited to making good any defects by repairing the same within a period not exceeding eighteen (18) calendar months on the “tinny” range 3.0 – 4.35 meters and thirty six (36) calendar months on the remainder of the range for the original purchaser (whose details have been forwarded to Horizon Aluminium Boats Pty Ltd) after the boat has been sold by a Stessl authorised dealer. A one year (12 month) warranty is applied to Stessl/ Horizon Boats factory fitted items including optional extras. Factory fitted items include: – upholstery including cushions, lounges back rests, seats and carpet. An twelve (12) months warranty applies to flooring and hatches which is marine quality hardwood 12mm ply.
Special Provisions Require that:
- The boat must be maintained and used in accordance with the Boat Capacity Plate and necessary Maintenance Directions attached to the boat.
- The Boat has not been damaged by misuse, accident, neglect or used for competitive purposes.
- The Boat and/or outboard must not have been modified, altered or operated outside safe boating practices or the limits of the design specifications.
- Horizon Aluminium Boats Pty Ltd shall not be liable for consequential loss of any kind arising out of the supply or operation of the boats.
- The warranty does not cover any consequential expenses beyond the warranty repair of the boat itself, e.g. Freighting.
- Paint is warranted against defective paint or application, NOT against the normal effect of wear and tear, oxidisation, fuel or solvents damage or dissimilar metals. Oxidisation has the potential to bubble the paint finish. Surface contaminates can cause oxidisation if not removed from the vessel.
- The timber and carpet floors warranty is limited to installation for a period of 12 months and does not cover the effects of weathering or wear and tear.
- Windscreen/windshield breakage and leakage around windscreens/windshields or other designed openings are not covered under warranty.
- All items fitted to a Horizon Boat which are not manufactured by Horizon Boats will be applicable to their own warranty as implied by the manufacture of the product.
- Horizon will NOT warrant boats, which have been improperly trailed. E.g. wobble/ multi roller trailers and off road use. Incorrect or insufficient tie down from vessel to trailer, no engine support through an engine support bracket.
- Fitting of wedges and anti-ventilation plate foils could void the warranty. (Refer to special provisions No. 3)
- Work agreed to be repaired by Horizon will be done ex-factory, and freighting cost to and from the factory will be the purchaser’s responsibility NOT Horizon Aluminium Boats PTY LTD, however for regional dealers a value equivalent to cost done ex-factory can be made available on special request. The warranty does not cover items replaced during normal service and maintenance operations which are subject to wear. These arrangements apply regardless of any change in ownership during the period covered.
- All warranties and conditions implied under the Trade Practices Act, including as to one of merchantable quality, are not excluded by this warranty except that Horizon limits it liability for breach to:
(a) the replacement of the boat or products; or
(b) the repair of the boat or products, At Horizons’ option, with all freighting costs to be the purchaser’s responsibility. (Refer to special provisions No.12)
14. The above warranty is in lieu of any and all warranties expressed or implied, conferred by statute or otherwise and is the only warranty given Horizon Aluminium Boats on the boat or any part thereof. Any such warranties under the Sale Of Goods Act are expressly excluded.
As possible commercial applications and the conditions of usage vary so much, and as success depends on the capability of the user, HORIZON ALUMINIUM BOATS PTY LTD. cannot warrant boats used commercially (except at our total discretion) or warrant that HORIZON ALUMINIUM BOATS / Stessl Boats are suitable for any particular commercial application. In this regard the purchaser must satisfy themself.
The contents of our brochure and or website, excluding Warranty and Warranty Special provisions, will not form part of any contractual agreement. Horizon Aluminium Boats PTY LTD recommends all persons comply with their local boating regulations and are familiar with safe boating practices.
Due to Horizon Aluminium Boats PTY LTD commitment to continually improve our products, we reserve the right to modify and or change without notice, any design, materials, specifications, equipment and/or accessories. Because of variations which occur in manufactured products, all capacities, measurements, dimensions and weights quoted should only be taken as approximate only and are subject to change, all paint colours and trim depicted are as close as the reproduction process allows and Horizon reserves the right to discontinue or change paint colours and or trim with out notice.
BOAT CARE AND INSTRUCTIONS
- Hose your boat off inside and out with fresh water after each use.
- Ensure that the bungs are removed & the boat is stored in a bow up tilted position to allow moisture in the hull to drain.
- Ensure that the interior of the boat is dry & left clean before storage.
- When the boat is not in use, the batteries should be disconnected or turned off at the isolator switch to avoid the possibility of electrolysis caused by any uncontrolled electrical currents.
- Do not stow wet lines in the boat as mould & mildew may result
- Use fresh water only to wash windscreen and clears.
- Inspect under floor floatation & fuel tank hose clamps annually. Tighten clamps as necessary. Inspect for lead sinkers and remove.
- Before using your boat, check bilge pump, navigation lights and electrics to ensure all in working order.
- Where dissimilar metals contact, apply a Tef Gel or similar product on a regular routine basis for prevention of electrolysis under paintwork.
Return purchaser details to Horizon Aluminium Boats, 2 Queensbury Ave, Currumbin Waters, QLD 4223